Confession of A Modern Bag Lady
August 3, 2011 § 10 Comments
A peek into my closet (or bedroom or walk way) and one will see bags dangling in all angles from hooks. I have clutches, satchels, over the shoulder purses, and totes. My favorite bag is my bright green over the shoulder bag that I carry with me almost every day. Jason Travis, an American photographer from Atlanta, GA captures strangers and their belongings in his project titled Persona. It’s as if he documents the personalities of individuals through what is contained in their bags.
I thought I would add to the project by sharing what is inside my bag.
List of my goods:
- Keys to my apartment and car.
- Medication to prevent malaria (I just got back from Uganda).
- Receipt for the gas I put in my car.
- Wine cork from the expensive blush wine after dinner that friends and I enjoyed in New York City.
- Keeping my lips moist with Blistex Berry lip balm.
- Eye drops to keep my contacts from not drying out.
- Moonlight Path body lotion from Bath & Body Works.
- Antibacterial gel.
- My red wallet that keeps my cash and cards safe.
- A cell phone to stay connected with friends and family. Every now and then to make appointments and find out information.
- I believe a writing utensil is always needed in a bag.
- My grocery shopping list that I completed at the neighborhood Trader Joe’s (Sushi wasn’t on the list nor the smoked gouda cheese but I got it anyways).
Even I was curious to find out all that I had in my bag. I wonder what it says about me. Whether it’s a purse, tote, or man purse please do share what’s in your bag. Join in on the project by emptying your bag and sharing the photos with us.