Collection of February Projects
March 7, 2012 § 2 Comments
When I reflect on February, my completed craft projects seemed to be done in a haste and the process seemed heavier. Could it be the winter blues? Or a cold that has called my body home for a month? Or the daily to-do’s that can zap the creative energy out of me? Whatever it was, I have learned that even if it’s a simple sketch, it’s worth creating, worth crafting, and worth sharing. The extremely mild weather these past few days has been a great reminder that a new season is near. This, dear Readers, makes me hopeful. Below is a documentation of February’s 29 days of craft projects.
1. I wanted to send a special message to my students. Instead of a valentine, I made a heart banner with sight words for them to read. It was great to see their expression when they read, “You are loved by me.”
2. Yesterday, I walked in a light cardigan as the 60 degree weather melted what was of winter away. To welcome spring at school I made these bird-cage lanterns to hang from the ceiling.
3. In addition to the bird lanterns I made a green pom-pom to hang from my tree.
4. The library has been such a source of inspiration to me. There’s always a little skip to my step when I walk through the doors of the library to take that one book off of the “hold” shelf. A book on hold just for me. The library pile in my living room floor has yet to be nothing but a pile for months. The library is like an endless treasure chest. One book I recently got is Sachiko Umoto’s book titled Illustration School: Let’s Draw Happy People. I was inspired to illustrate and I think these characters would lovely on a set of cards. What do you think?
5. My bedroom furniture consists of a lot of white: white dresser, white tall mirror, white short mirror, white candle chandelier, and white earring stand. I decided to add a little color by decougpaging a small white box that holds a very sentimental necklace.
What have you been creating lately or wanting to create?